Use CircoTherm with High Added Steam
Cooking time 70-80 minutes
Serves 4 people
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
700ml chicken stock
300ml white wine
1 bay leaf
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
500g leeks, sliced and washed
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
75g plain flour
100g Gruyere cheese, grated
200g lasagne sheets
50g grated parmesan
3 tbsp pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 180C CircoTherm. High Added Steam.
1. To prepare the chicken: Place the chicken breasts in an oven-proof dish and pour over the stock, white wine, bay leaf and peppercorns. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
2. Remove the chicken from the dish with a slotted spoon and strain the liquid through a sieve. Reserve this to make the sauce.
3. In a large pan melt 25g butter. Cook the leeks and garlic for about 10 minutes over a medium low heat. Season well with salt and pepper. While the leeks are cooking cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Remove the leeks and garlic from the pan and set aside.
4. To make the sauce: Melt the remaining butter in the saucepan, stir in the flour. Whisk in the reserved cooking liquid and place back on the heat. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Season well, add the cream and bring back to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in three quarters of the grated Gruyere cheese.
5. To assemble the lasagne: Spoon a little of the sauce over the base of an oven proof dish. Top with a layer of pasta, followed by one third of the chicken and leeks, some more of the sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan.
6. Continue layering in this way, finishing with a generous layer of sauce. Sprinkle over the remaining Gruyere, parmesan and the pine nuts. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes. Rest for about 10 minutes before serving.